Antique Buyers Sarasota St. Petersburg Tampa
Sarasota Antique Buyers is the best place to deal historical works of art and fashion in St. Petersburg and Tampa. We want to buy antiques and are happy to come to you, with over 22 years of experience in the industry, we have the most knowledge and experience in the trade. We purchase all around Florida
Antique buyers know the value that history, beauty, and art have on a piece, but not everyone does. Whether its turn of the century furniture — a jade figurine, or an heirloom bracelet — vintage pieces each tells a unique story. Their worth isn’t found solely in the value of the material that it’s crafted from, but from its rarity, detail, and origins.
This is why it’s imperative that you visit an authorized and knowledgeable dealer who will respect the true value of your estate pieces and heirlooms.
We Are Antique Buyers of:
- Porcelain & Ceramics – Architectural, animals, pottery, people, & warriors; As well as 18th and 19th century European and Chinese ceramics, Meissen, Dresden, Worcester, Coalport, Minton, Wedgwood, Vienna, Sevres, Paris, Rozenburg, Royal Doulton, & Royal Doulton figurines
- Paintings – 18th and 19th century art, oils, watercolors, drawings, lithographs, etchings, & prints by major artists.
- Furniture – Bamboo, benches, chairs, chests, tables, & alter tables
- Jewelry – Gold and Silver earrings, bracelets, rings, & hair pins, antique engagement rings
- Vintage jewelry Silver and Gold
- Sterling Silver – Jewelry, silverware, centerpieces, coins, tea sets, vanity items
- Textiles – Clothing & scrolls
- Stones – Jade & agate
- Asian Antiques
- And much more!
Why Sarasota Antique Buyers in St. Petersburg and Tampa?
Simply put: We are experts in the industry. For the last 22 years, we have offered the buying, selling, consignment, market analysis, brokering, and restoration of historically significant works. When you come to us, you have the guarantee that your item will be handled by someone with the knowledge and experience to treat it with the respect it deserves. Looking to sell antiques and can’t come to us? We can come to you! I’m in the business of buying antiques. I give the fairest evaluation before buying the antiques. I buy because it’s just good business. If you’re looking to sell your antiques contact me today. You won’t be disappointed.
Simply follow the directions below:
1. Send us a high quality photograph and description of the item. Make sure that the photograph is of a high resolution and taken in natural light. The best time of day for this would be in the early morning or late evening.
2. Include a detailed description. Make sure to include both a physical description as well as any historical information you may have about the item.
Determining the Value of Your Antiques
We commonly see clients from Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Tampa under-value their possessions. Often because the item seems aesthetically undesirable to them, or due to its age or wear, customers feel that it has little to no value. But because the design intricacy, artist, rarity, and history of the piece determine its true value, the client discovers that what they thought might be only junk is a true treasure.
So how do we determine an items value?
Antique buyers determine a piece’s monetary worth based on the following criteria:
- Rarity and Age – How many are in existence, and are they easily obtainable or extremely rare? While age frequently goes hand in hand with rarity, much like the ancient roman coins you can now find online for a reasonable price, if everyone has them, the price is driven down.
- Condition – Determining the exact condition of a piece is imperative for discerning its exact value. If an item is rare enough, the condition is of less importance.
- Demand – Current demand can greatly increase or decrease the list price.
- Source and History – The manufacturer or artist, year it was made, and where it was made at are all considered. If the item had some exceptional place in history that can raise its value, as well. Was it owned by a president or a czar, an actress or musician?