When selling bronze sculptures it’s often difficult to find buyers in Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Tampa that value the history and rarity of the piece. As specialist antique dealers with over 22 years in the business, Sarasota Antique Buyers are the most reliable source in Florida for:
- Art Restoration
- Free Verbal Analysis!
Often times our clients feel their item has no value because of its size, ornamentation, or unappealing appearance. But it’s important to know that none of these factors necessarily mean the figurine is undesirable.
How Do You Determine the Value of Bronze Figurines?
One of the most common questions we receive is “How much is my antique statue worth?” But value isn’t something intrinsic of vintage items, they are judged based on the following criteria:
- Rarity – How many copies were made? Did only a few survive?
- Age – While the age often goes hand in hand with rarity, there are still many valuable modern pieces by respected artists that have limited originals made.
- Condition – Much like old coins, even if the bronze statue is common, if your item is in remarkable condition compared to other surviving renditions, then it may be much more valuable. However, please keep in mind we accept antiques in all conditions!
- Source – The artist or manufacturer, era, and location it was made are all major factors to consider.
Bronze figurines are usually created by sculpting in clay or another medium, then molded and casted in metal. The proper mixture for the modern alloy should be approximately 88% copper and 12% tin. Too little of one or the other, or impurities in the mix, can lead to untimely corrosion. This includes ailments such as rusting due to iron contamination, or the formation of copper chlorides which can ultimately destroy the piece.
Because it’s impossible to determine the worth of an antique without the appropriate knowledge and expertise, it’s imperative you have all of your investments assessed by a professional.
We Buy and Sell All Antiques Throughout Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Tampa
We understand better than anyone how difficult selling an estate or family heirloom can be. When you come to us you can rest assured that your items will be treated with the utmost respect and care. We value every piece we buy for its story and history, not its material value alone.
Bronze sculptures are only the smallest fraction of investment items that we deal. Our passion is for antiques from every category and era.
- Silver: Vintage sterling, tea sets, boxes, flatware and silverware, 925 sterling silver
- Gold: Rings, bracelets, earrings, & hat pins
- Old coins and collections
- Nautical ship models
- Modern art
- Paintings: Watercolors, oils, drawings, etchings, and prints from excellent to poor condition even those without signatures by major artists
- American Continental Asian 18th and 19th Century Art
- 18th and 19th century Chinese and European ceramics
Get an Online Evaluation on Your Bronze Sculptures
While we always welcome bronze statues and buy them after evaluating them, we can also drive out to you, or you can email us! Here’s how you do it:
1. Include HIGH RESOLUTION photographs: You can send us photographs of your if you want to sell your antiques to us. The best lighting for this is outdoors in NATURAL LIGHT. During the early morning or early evening, about an hour before sunset, is best. A camera flash can often flatten the colors of the piece which can negatively affect the Evaluation. Make sure that all photos sent to us aren’t blurry.
2. Provide the most accurate description possible: An accurate estimate is heavily reliant on a detailed description. Make sure to include as much information about your bronze figurine as possible as well as any historical information you have.
3. Emails can be sent to: email@example.com.
Do you have a bronze sculpture to sell in Sarasota, St. Petersburg, or Tampa? Contact us today!