Do you have antique furniture you have no use for, but think it might have some value? Are you looking for a place to sell your items? If so, Sarasota Antique Buyers is here to help! We love to purchase antiques, from single items to whole estates. Often time owners think that a piece must be in museum quality condition to be worth anything, but that simply isn’t true.
Antique Furniture Buyers Near Me
We purchase furniture in any condition! We collect many different styles of antique furniture from all different time periods. If you have any chests, chairs, tables, couches or other pieces from any of these time periods, then give us a call today!
- Georgian- This 18th century furniture includes pieces with mahogany materials and elaborate legs. This time period is considered the peak of English furniture design and manufacturing.
- Regency– Regency styles dominated English homes from 1800 to 1830. It has many similarities to Georgian pieces, but also has Greek, Roman, Italian and Egyptian influences that give it a more exotic feel.
- Hepplewhite- This style is named after the famous cabinet maker, George Hepplewhite. It was popular from 1765 to 1880 and is characterized by tapered legs, delicate appearance, and contrasting veneers and inlays.
- Sheraton- Named after the English designer, Thomas Sheraton, this neoclassical style was popular in the United States in the Federal period. This style can be characterized by straight lines, light construction and contrasting veneers.
- Biedermeier- Popular between 1815 and 1830, these rare pieces are characterized by honey-colored veneers, geometric shapes, and glossy surfaces.
- French Furniture– To view a PDF listing all of the items, styles, periods, and names we are looking to buy at Sarasota Antique Buyers follow this link.
Where to Sell My Antique Furniture in St. Petersburg, Sarasota or Tampa Bay
Once you’ve decided to sell your furniture, it’s hard to know who to sell to. Often time owners struggle to find the right buyer who will give a fair and accurate estimate. We have over 22 years of experience in the industry. Our knowledge and experience gives us an advantage over our competitors.
We can help you understand your furniture’s history and aid in your decision to invest in a market value. Having an item assessed can be a lengthy endeavor and should only be done on items of high value. Here at Sarasota Antique Buyers, we are happy to buy your antique furniture in Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Tampa.
Who buys antique furniture?
- Sideboards and Breakfronts
- Single and Sets of Chairs
- Sofa Tables
- Side Tables
- Book Cases
How to Sell My Antique Furniture
The value of each piece depends on several factors. The condition, quality, age, and importance of the item, determine the worth. You could have a very old antique table in perfect condition, but if it was a common piece out on the market then it will have a much lower value than a rare item that is gently worn.
Whether you’re looking to downsize or have just inherited your grandparent’s estate, selling your antique furniture can be overwhelming. Determining which pieces have value is the best way to start the process. Some pieces may have high sentimental value, but a low market price. As experts in the industry, we can guide you through the process and make suggestions to which pieces are worth selling.
To get started, email us a high resolution photo and a detailed description of your item for a FREE verbal analysis in St. Petersburg, Sarasota and Tampa Bay areas. You can also give us a call at 941-726-0401.