Welcome to the home of Tampa’s premier antique dealers. Appreciating and collecting historic and vintage items is an art all its own as being an effective collector takes patience, extensive knowledge, and a passion for the trade. Each piece has its own history – its own story – and we in our field work to tell that story to each of our clients whenever we appraise new collections.
It is quite common for us to meet with clients who feel that their item may lack value because, while quite old, it may be visually unappealing to them. That’s why it’s so important to become aware of the history behind each piece, as often times the appearance has minimal to no bearing on its worth. Our Tampa antique dealers determine the value of an item before buying them, according to:
- The age of the item – Even in poorer quality, many items are quite valuable if there are limited surviving copies.
- Rarity – This sometimes goes hand in hand with the age of the piece, however, artistic items may have only one original and needn’t be very old to be quite valuable.
- Source – The artist, period, and country or city of origin.
- Condition – Items of greater surviving quantities such as old coins, furniture, or bronze statues can vary greatly in their worth depending on their condition relative to other surviving renditions. However, often times the condition doesn’t matter and it’s important to keep in mind as antique dealers we accept any condition!
What we Collect, Buy, and Sell
As the best antique dealers in Tampa, we are buyers and sellers of almost all historic pieces such as:
- FINE ART PAINTINGS – Impressionistic, Post Impressionistic, Watercolors, Oil, Drawings, Etchings, Prints, Lithographs, Maritime, Landscape, American, Continental & Asian
- ASIAN ANTIQUES – Asian Bronze Figures, Architectural, Animals, People, Pottery, Warriors, Chinese, Porcelain, Painted Chinese Furniture, And Antique Asian Furniture
- ANTIQUE GOLD – Jewelry, Coins, Vanity Items, And More
- ANTIQUE SILVER – Jewelry, Coins, Silverware, Flatware, Hallmarks, Centerpieces, Plate Items, Tea Sets, Picture Frames, Hollowware, And Vanity Items
- ANTIQUE FURNITURE – Georgian, Hepplewhite, Sheraton, Regency, And Biedermeier
- ANTIQUE JEWELRY – Victorian, Art Nouveau, Retro, Georgian, Art Deco, Mid Century, And Contemporary
- PORCELAIN ANTIQUES – Meissen, Coalport, Dresden, Worcester, Minton, Wedgewood, Rozenburg, Vienna, Sevres, Paris, Royal Doulton, 18th And 19th Century, And Many Other Decorative Pieces
- BRONZE FIGURES – 18th & 19th Century European, Asian, Specific Artists, Cowboys, Men On Horseback, Buffalo, Indians and Modern 20th Century
These are only some examples of the kinds of items we buy; contact us today to sell your antiques! 9413731234
Why Sarasota Antique Buyers?
With 22 years of experience, Sarasota Antique Buyers is a leading expert in the field. We specialize in almost all areas, art, and periods. We love to hear from you when you wish to sell your antiques to us. We treat your items with the respect they deserve and fix fair deals on them.
Try our contact panel on the right of our website to sell your antique items! Just include high resolution photographs of your item in good lighting – natural, early morning light, or an hour or two before sunset works best. Make sure to include an accurate description of the piece, including details regarding: color, condition, any history you’re aware of, and anything else that might assist us.
The more information we have, the more accurate your appraisal!
Sarasota Antique Buyers also offers:
- ART RESTORATION
- And more!
For larger pieces or collections we are also happy to come to you!
Areas We Service
Not only are we antique dealers for Tampa collectors, but we also service:
- St. Petersburg
- And the rest of Florida!