Regardless of whether you are downsizing, clearing out an estate, or simply cleaning out your attic, estate liquidations can be hectic. From organizing and pricing your items, to dealing with people in your house haggling over prices, sometimes it may not even seem worth it. But with the right estate liquidators helping you, the process will be quick, easy and end in a nice paycheck. At Sarasota Antique Buyers, we have been helping the residents of St. Petersburg to sell their items for years, and we can help you too!
Here are some of our tips to have a successful Estate Liquidation event:
1. Talk to multiple companies. This way, you see what each one offers and who makes you feel confident. You should be sure that they will do the best job. Know what questions to ask regarding how long the sale will last, commission, and any extra fees involved in their services.
2. Find out how much they charge. Don’t always automatically go for the company that charges the lowest percentage. If you have high quality items, the estate liquidators may increase their cost, while still making you a lot of money.
3. Do not throw anything away. We have met with so many St. Petersburg residents who find out later that they threw something away that was worth a lot of money. Until we come to your house and look through everything you want to get rid of, don’t throw anything out.
4. Visit a sale. Still not sure who to hire? Find out when their next estate sale or auction is, and go to see what they are like in action. Don’t just go with whoever looks good on paper.
5. Get everything in writing. You don’t want to find out later that there were hidden fees that were left out during the initial interviews. Get everything in writing, from the dates to the total percentage of commission, so you can be protected.
To get started on your search to find the Best estate liquidators in St. Petersburg, call us today at Sarasota Antique Buyers! We have helped people all over the state of Florida to sell their item, and we would love to help you! To set up a consultation, call us today at 941-373-1234.