Key Issues to Consider While Liquidating Your Property or Estate
When converting your hard asset into cash, there are lot of factors in play when you are selling a house and liquidating the estates. Though you may be tempted to try to hold a garage sale on your own, once you begin you will quickly realize that this task is time consuming, frustrating and you have a lot more stuff than you ever imagined.
Many people start the process and quickly & abandon it simply due to the sheer volume of items they have to sort through. Another reason not to do it by yourself is; you may unwittingly throw out something that looks like junk, but actually it’s a highly valuable treasure. And, an estate liquidator knows its real value.
When you turn to an estate liquidator below are a few factors you should always consider…
Issues Before Contracting with an Estate Liquidator
Before contracting with an estate liquidator there are a few major issues that you should consider and prepare for.
- If you are selling vehicles or any titled means of transportation you should be sure you have the title and registration and are legally able to sell those items.
- Be sure you have all of your paperwork in order such as a will or Power of Attorney. The liquidator will need this to verify that you can sell the goods on the property and enter into the contract.
- If it’s a family heirloom, be sure that everyone in the family agrees to sell the possession, get it in writing from each of them.
- Ensure the liquidator can hold the estate sale in the time frame you need. Many are booked in advance which may not work if you have a sales contract.
- Be sure the liquidator you choose is reputable, bonded and insured. Reputable & professional liquidators will require that your estate items’ insurance is up-to-date.
- Be sure you include in the contract what the liquidator is to do with any items that are unsold at the end of the sale.
- If you want the property “broom clean” and ready to sell at the end of the sale, make that is in the contract.
- By all means contact multiple companies and meet in person with each of them to show you the estates and its contents. No one can give you a valid quote of even their commission if they haven’t seen what it is they are selling.
So, these were the important things to note down in “to-do list.” This prior preparation can help you get seamless liquidation of estates and obtain top dollar quickly and efficiently. Therefore, you can contact us anytime for the estate liquidation services. And we gonna help you with our expertise and knowledge in finding out the best price for your estate items.
Have a Safe Deal!